20 Things about my Chiari

For Chiari Awareness Month in September
 
20 Things about my Chiari


1. Diagnosed when? September 2011

2. Decompressed, if so when? November 2011

3. Other additional conditions, if so which ones? Klippel Feil

4. Have you personally met someone else with Chiari? Yes. I went to a Chiari Awareness Event in Santa Barbara by the International Chiari Association.

5. Most challenging symptom(s)? Sleeping and eating

6. Most embarrassing Chiari moment? Being called a girl. I think because my hair is long since I can't cut it being stuck in the halo.

7. Biggest Chiari frustrations(s)? Chiari is an invisible illness. Most people do not understand how I feel.

8. Number of medications in your personal medicine cabinet? 9

9. Number of Doctors/Therapists stored in your phone? None. I leave that up to my mom.

10. Do you attend Dr appointments solo or with support? Always with my mom.

11. Biggest regret that Chiari has created? Took away some of my favorite things to do such as roller coasters and Karate.

12. Biggest lesson that Chiari has taught? Try to enjoy what I can do.

13. Favorite non-medicinal therapy? X-box

14. Worst medicinal side effect? Choking on pills; stomach aches.

15. Biggest change in your life since diagnosis? Not going to school and dropping out of Karate.

16. Worst medical test? MRI - it takes sooooo long.

17. Hardest thing to give up because of Chiari? Roller coasters.

18. Have you become more or less religious since diagnosis? No change.

19. Where do you find enjoyment now, that you didn't before? I haven't yet.

20. Favorite Chiari websites? Lots.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
THIS BLOG IS MY PERSONAL STORY AND OPINION. I DO NOT ENDORSE OR DIAGNOSE ANY PRODUCTS, PROCEDURES, OR DOCTORS. Twitter Bird Gadget