What is wrong?

At first I didn't know what was wrong with me and I didn't know how to explain to my parents what or how I was feeling. Which was: I was tired a lot; I wanted to lay down all the time; I had headaches; I had dizzy spells. Then I started not using my right arm and hand. I got weaker in Karate. Then I started falling/dropping for no reason. And because I couldn't explain it and my parents didn't know what was wrong they did a lot of guessing.

They would ask me: "Why are you being lazy?" "You are not eating right, you need more vitamins and fish oil." "You need more sleep." "Try harder." "Use your right arm."

Of course, nothing changed.

I also have Klippel Feil, I was born with a single kidney. So my parents insisted something was wrong with my kidney. But nothing showed up too abnormal. So my parents started worrying that maybe my symptoms meant I had MS or Parkinson disease. They kept taking me to my doctor to find out what is going on.

Finally, nearly a year after my parents started getting concerned with thinking something was seriously wrong with me, my doctor ordered a MRI scan. The scan took 2 long, uncomfortable hours. The next day, my doctor called my parents and told them that a neurologist will be contacting them and that I should not be doing any physical activities.

We met a neurosurgeon about three weeks ago. And that is when they told my parents I have Chiari malformation.

Everything is going to change.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
THIS BLOG IS MY PERSONAL STORY AND OPINION. I DO NOT ENDORSE OR DIAGNOSE ANY PRODUCTS, PROCEDURES, OR DOCTORS. Twitter Bird Gadget